PCS Outstanding Staff, Workgroup, and Kindness Awards
Outstanding Staff & Workgroup Award Recipients for 2020
The Provost's Committee for Staff is proud to announce the recipients of this year's awards. The Outstanding Staff, Workgroup, and Kindness Award nominations review resulted in four very deserving recipients in these categories.
- Outstanding Staff Award: Sergio de la Cruz (School of Architecture & Planning)
- Outstanding Staff Award: Christine Sraha (College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences)
- Outstanding Staff Award: Olivia Torres (LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center)
- Outstanding Workgroup Award: Executive & Professional Education Center
- Kindness Award: Mariah Harrison (Office of Community Engaged Learning & Research)
Congratulations go out to the recipients and ALL of our nominees. Thank you and continue your outstanding work! Go Lobos!
About the Awards
Each spring semester of the academic year, the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs presents an annual award to outstanding individual staff and a workgroup of the University of New Mexico who have provided extraordinary service.
Regular & current non-faculty staff person or workgroup who has provided extraordinary service to the Provost’s units. Previously nominated staff or workgroups may be nominated again, provided the nominee(s) are not a past recipient of the award. Individual nominees are not eligible to receive more than one award per cycle. Additionally, supervisors can nominate subordinate workgroups for an award, but cannot nominate a workgroup in which they actively participate (this would be considered a self-nomination). Current Provost’s Committee for Staff members are not eligible for the award.
Staff, faculty and students in the Provost’s units may nominate any permanent, non-faculty staff member. Workgroups may also be nominated and include a workgroup that can be comprised of an office, department, division, or section. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Collaborative nominations for a single person/workgroup are highly encouraged. Please include the names of all nominators in the space provided.
Nominees or workgroups should demonstrate extraordinary achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Provide extraordinary service to UNM or the community
- Demonstrate service to others through exceptional kindness and compassion
- Exemplify University values (Excellence; Access with Support to Succeed; Integrity; Diversity, Respectful Relationships; Freedom; and Sustainability)
- Contribute substantially to significant team or department accomplishments
Members of the Provost's Committee for Staff will screen all nominees. The list of individuals and the workgroup is then forwarded to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs for approval.
A certificate and monetary award will be presented to the individual staff selected. Certificates, a Lobocard, and donated UNM & community gift items will be presented to the workgroup selected. The Provost’s Committee for Staff and the Provost & Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs will present the awards during the Annual Outstanding Staff & Workgroup Award Presentation Ceremony held during the Spring semester.